Tuesday, March 25, 2014

First Post

Welcome to my blog "the contemporary kitchen". After much motivation, encouragement and demand from friends and family I have finally decided to get this up and running. The reason I chose this name "the contemporary kitchen" is because my cooking style isn't traditional. So rarely you will find me cooking up a traditional meal, and if I am, I definitely twist the recipe the recipe.

A little about myself, I am a 20 something married girl living in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. So here's another reason for my "contemporary kitchen" there is no Halaal food outlets. I am originally from Durban and a 2nd generation Indian. Having spent my earlier years in India and traveling the east. By profession I am an Embryologist, well more in theory now than in practice. So I have a lot of time on my hands as such. I watch a lot of food network, specifically Diners DriveIns and Dives, which is where my weekend meals are inspired from. I don't follow exact measurements, I go according to my taste, and I love spicy food. I also like quick and easy meals, so I don't have to spend long hours in the kitchen. Cooking for two is relatively easy though, so most of my recipes will be for two servings,  so lucky those who are newly weds living on their own. Remember presentation is everything, you eat with eyes first, so dress to impress.

Please follow my Instagram account the_contemporary_kitchen and my Facebook page The Contemporary Kitchen. For any questions, leave a comment or email me thecontemporarykitchen@gmail.com

And lastly... My name is Safiyya

Get cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment