Thursday, July 10, 2014

crustless quiche

A very good friend of mine invited me over for a khatam they held for their ailing grandmother.  Unfortunately she has since passed on, but I couldn't pitch up empty handed and since they were serving savories and tea for after I had to just come up with something to make with whatever I had in my fridge. Quiche seemed a good way to go, and I omitted the crust because I was lazy to wait for it to cool down and bake and bake again...

Spinach and Feta with Chicken and Pepperdew Crustless Quiche

2 chicken fillet chopped finely
1 small onion chopped finely
Garlic Paste
Robertsons Portuguese Seasoning
Green Chilli Paste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Lemon Pepper a dash
Lemon Juice
4 leaves of spinach, chopped thinly
Crumbled Feta
4-5 whole pepperdew, finely julienned
Fresh chopped dhania
Ghee/Oil
1 cup grated cheese
1 egg
Few tbsps of fresh cream or milk
+- 4 heaped tbsp of flour

Sauté onions in a non stick pan with some ghee/oil
Sweat it with (very) little salt and garlic
Once pink add chicken, add green chilli paste and spices
Add the spinach and cook till done and water has evaporated
Add the pepperdew and feta once cooled, add the dhania
Make a binding with egg flour and fresh - please use your own measurements as I don’t know exact and just go according to instinct.
Mix the flour mixture to the chicken, and pour the chicken into spray n cooked cupcake tin, top with grated cheese
Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees till done, should be firm.

For a crust quiche I use a sour cream dough:
In a food processor mix 1 cup flour with some salt and add tbsps of sour cream till it all comes together.  Rest im fridge for 30 mins, then roll out and cut into size for muffin tins or one size baking tray. Fork the dough and bake in oven of 180 degrees till golden. If you want to blind bake that should be fine too. But do remember to bake the dough when its chilled so it doesn't lose shape.

I will try to upload a picture soon, blogspot isn't allowing me to at the moment. The picture is uploaded on the instagram account @the_contemporary_kitchen and the facebook page The Contemporary Kitchen. Apologies!



No comments:

Post a Comment